Thursday 11 July 2013

3

Lady Skater Pattern Tour: Sew Sweetness

Next stop on the Lady Skater Pattern Tour is the dynamo Sara from Sew Sweetness!  I first crossed paths with Sara when she tested and reviewed my kids' reversible hoodie pattern in 2010 (!) and I've been hooked on her blog ever since.  Despite not being more than a recreational bag or quilt maker, Sara is always worth a read because she is so generous with her knowledge (her interfacing posts for Pellon in particular are a thing of beauty) and ridiculously talented.  And she has the distinction of making the best dress ever made in the Typewriter Dress.  Bag designer, quilter extraordinaire, garment maker, is there nothing Sara can't master?! Methinks not.


I'm so honoured that Sara took time out of her extremely busy schedule to partake in the tour.



Click on through for the full post!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks again for having me!! :)

    For my dress, I used an interlock knit. I saw some jersey knit prints that I liked, but do you think that would be too thin/clingy for a dress?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually prefer jersey over interlock, although I recommend jersey with some lycra as it's more stable. You want to make sure that the jersey is pretty high quality though (particularly if you're new to knits) or the curly edges might drive you mad while you're sewing! Organic fabrics are really good as they're nice and smooth, bamboo is lovely too. Good US sources for knits include The Fabric Fairy, Girl Charlee, Fabric.com, Denver Fabrics off the top of my head.

      Delete