Friday 18 December 2009

6

My life as a dervish


You might have seen this message on Twitter this week. I have been a virtual non-entity on the places I normally procrastinate hang-out at. Why? Because I've been sewing like a dervish. Never one to turn business away, especially before Christmas and with a month long hiatus looming, I accepted a tsunami of custom orders and I just packaged the last one to go in the post today. In the last five days I have sewn one tunic, one cowl neck top, three t-shirts, four dresses and five hoodies. I have temporarily retired the Birds of Norway tunic, the Edinburgh hoodie, the Manga Girl hoodie and the Retro Guitar hoodie until I can track down more fabric. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate every single one of those orders. But I'm exhausted. And I'm (maybe?) going to take tonight off before bashing my way through the remaining three dresses, five hoodies and a tunic that need to be finished next week. Oh, and possibly buy some Christmas presents.

6 comments:

  1. Jeezo! So now wouldn't be a good time to ask if you have time to make a cowl top for E? :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanking you for your slavery:-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, thank you - Edinburgh hoodie arrived, put and declared wonderful by small boy shaped person.

    T gives you the evening off in gratitude ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've finally cleared up the problem with my paypal and have ordered some material for Brodie. No doubt it'll be February by the time I get it and manage to get it over to you. I'm not in any rush though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just as well I didn't place an order then ;). My goodness, you've been (and continue to be) busy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Go Amanda!! I have nearly finished all of my orders now and am feeling twitchy....what will I do then? I'll have to buy my Christmas presents and get organised!

    ReplyDelete